Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

This game barely registered with me that it came out last Tuesday, but my brother called me up and told me he's really digging it on his 360. X-Play devoted an entire episode to Call of Duty 4 and ended up handing it five out of five stars. So I downloaded the demo this past weekend and was blown away out how great it looked and at how fun it was to play. I haven't played any of the Call of Duty series mostly because I dismissed them as Medal of Honor clones. But I know the series has received critical acclaim and Call of Duty 4 is subtitled Modern Warfare, a smart move on Infinity Ward's part to move outside the crowded WWII shooter genre.

I may ask Santa for this. That fat bastard better come through or I'm liable to shank some of his elves.