Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Layer Cake

This movie stars Daniel Craig, my complete look-alike except I'm a little more ripped and toned than he is, as a drug trafficker who quickly finds himself over his head when a deal goes bad. I really enjoyed the movie. However, I wish the actors would have enunciated their lines more instead of mumbling through the entire movie. I must have asked Wifezilla ten times, "What'd he just say?" It was like listening to a Eddie Vedder song, only movie dialogue.

I think this is the movie Craig did right before James Bond. I can see how Layer Cake might have landed him that coveted role. There's a scene where he contemplates having to pack heat. At first, he fans the gun around like a toddler, but then grabs it with two hands, barrel pointed at the ceiling. Classic James Bond pose. He also dresses smartly and woos the honies so I can easily see how the producers of the Bond franchise may have seen this movie and gotten the idea to cast him to replace Brosnan.

After the movie was over, Wifezilla asked me to get her a Daniel Craig wall-calendar for Christmas. Which means she's getting a lump of coal instead.