Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wha . . . Wait . . . What? Where?

That was the exact state of my inebriation last night in Lord of the Rings Online. It's Fall Festival time, and in The Shire, an Inn League Member set me on a seven stage journey throughout that beatific land, drinking large quantities of fermented beverages at each stop. Towards the end, my screen was wobbling to and fro and I was seeing double of everything, including the drinks I was supposed to be drinking. The whole thing was timed, which combined drunkenness with pure panic.

The payoff was worth it though: a new title, Inn League Member, a new deed, and 10,000 reputation with the Inn League. The new deed sounds promising, to sample twenty-three local drinks and earn a new title.

All in all, a very satisfying and festive Fall Festival so far. Tomorrow, I'll summarize the three of four masks I've acquired to date.