Friday, February 20, 2009

Arrrggghhh Virtues!

I did a bit of research on Champions and it turns out I’ve assigned Kammris all the wrong virtues. Well, not all. I’ve got him slotted with Justice and Valour, but all classes seem to take those two. But the other three were totally wrong and too my complete dismay, the other three traits he needs are all bottomed out at one. That’s right, Kammris did not follow Lukenbach’s policy of clean up a zone’s deeds. As a result, I have my level 47 toon running around lowbie areas beating the hell out of level five mobs.

/sigh

The good news is that the earliest deed requirements start with 30 mobs for the title, 60 for the virtue. Those requirements tend to double as you venture farther out into higher level zones. The highest I’ve seen so far is Angmar, 150 for the title, 300 for the virtue.

Luckily, Kammris is a champion and he chews through stuff pretty quickly. The biggest barrier is finding an area with a high concentration of the needed mobs. The higher the density, the faster the grinding goes as you don’t waste as much time waiting for respawns. Don’t get me wrong, it’s an onerous process. It’s fine when you grind these things as you level, but most painful when you don’t. Kammris was my first toon, however, and at the time, I underestimated the importance of virtue selection.

I’ll be paying for my naiveté with a few weeks of mindless grinding.