Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Why Does It Grow So Well There?

I turned 39 last week. It’ll be the big four zero next year, so I’m savoring my last milestone in the thirties.

For those of you who are curious as to what 39 is like, all I can say is it’s very similar to 29 except my nose hair grows faster than the hair on top of my head. Also, if I eat anything an hour or two before bedtime, my stomach rumbles and lurches with plumes of volcanic acid action. Mind you, this doesn’t stop me from eating before sleeping. At least not yet. I gamble that digestion issues will steadily worsen as I get older.

I got some great birthday gifts this year, including some sweet, lovable cards from my girls. My Ma made me a Star Wars fleece blanket, complete with Darth Vader heads plastered all over both sides in a black and orange color scheme. I love that blanket, more so because it’s got maternal love sewn right into it. If I get a chance, I’ll post a picture of it this week.

Wifezilla scored me a pair of nice hiking boots in anticipation of our Colorado trip this summer. She got a new pair herself eight years ago, right before Hallie was born. Of course, she hasn’t worn them once since so she’s just as excited to slap her boots on and do some serious hiking.