Monday, February 9, 2009

Dragon Age Slips to the End of the Year

I'm late reporting this, but my intention isn't to report, but to bitch.

In most circumstances, I could give a rat's ass when EA elects to release its games. But when they bought Bioware last year, I cringed that they would apply their asshat business tactics to a company I not only respect, but dearly love. The dudes at Bioware have made some of my favorite games and Dragon Age looks to be another classic waiting in the wings.

That being said, EA can kiss my hairy ass. Delaying Dragon Age to coincide "with the release of the console versions of Dragon Age: Origins?"

What. The. Frankincense.

If this shit river flowed both ways, I wouldn't be so incensed. But a ton of titles release console first, with the PC version following months later. I've never heard of a console game being delayed for a simultaneous release with its PC sibling. So why give PC the shaft now? Because the PC is the thinking man's machine, inaccessible to the masses, and thus a poor marketer of goods and services. God save a country whose citizenry can't master a technology more complicated than opening a tray and placing a shiny disc inside it.

This irks me even more because I watched an X-Play interview of a Bioware employee bragging about how much Dragon Age payed homage to the PC platform by getting its version in advance of the console crowd.

The very definition of talking out of your ass.