Monday, December 24, 2007

Well, Honey, the European Version Has These Cards . . .

It's Christmas Eve as I write this and we just got done opening a smattering of presents. For reasons I still don't completely understand, we're opening some Christmas Eve, the rest tomorrow morning. In any case, I'm going with it because I got to open The Witcher and am currently installing it as I type this.

Joe public may not be aware, but The Witcher has a couple different versions of the game floating around. All versions come with a mature rating, but the U.S. version has been edited somewhat from its European cousin. I read in a Games for Windows preview of the game that a player can unlock collectible cards featuring nude versions of the different women with whom you have "relations." Now that's the kind of gamer immersion I'm talking about. That clever feature was cut from the U.S. version, but thankfully, sick gamers like myself can get the European version from GoGamer.com.

Actually, Wifezilla got me this game, fully briefed on why I wanted this version over the lame U.S. one. She gave me a deserved look of disgust, but got it for me anyway.

What a woman.

Merry Christmas everyone!