Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Furious Cognition's Last Post

Mr. Terry Bradshaw of the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) sent me this notice in the mail today:

To Whom It May Concern:

In the federal government’s effort to clean up the Internet, I am informing you that I am empowered by the FCC to shut your site down, effective April 2, 2008. The FCC has established a modest criteria that measure the value of blogs and websites that originate here in the United States. Your site/blog,
FURIOUS COGNITION, was evaluated with that criteria and was found wanting. Please understand, the established criteria set a low standard and you should be most ashamed your little blog couldn’t meet it.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call 1-800-GOFEDGOV, ext. 214597379. For appealing this decision, call the aforementioned number, but realize that there is no actual appeal process. Finally, if you establish a new blog under a new name but with the same driveling content, you may be prosecuted under statute 345.41 and face fines of up to $100,000 and a prison term not to exceed five years.

Love,

Terry Bradshaw
FCC Internet Cleanliness Liason


So.

This is Furious Cognition’s last post. Now that I am banned by the federal government for making daily observations of the gaming world and my own personal life, I must find a new writing focus to harness my raw creative abilities. To this end, I have now started work on the next great American novel.

To hit store shelves this Christmas.

Seriously.