Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Boulevard of Broken Dreams: the Junior High Version

The school end of the year has been kicking our asses these past few weeks. My last day was Friday, but Wifezilla continues through June 6th. And man has she been working her tail off. She took 150 of her orchestra kids to Splashtown Saturday, threw a bridal shower for her assistant Sunday, and then put in a 15 hour day yesterday organizing and running her orchestra's last concert of the season.

Her top group played Green Day's Boulevard of Broken Dreams and it sounded amazing. I often walk out of her concerts amazed that those kids are just 8th graders and that thought occurred to me again last night. Wifezilla has a CD of the concert so I'm going to try and post the song here in the next few days.

Wifezilla has been so busy lately, the house looks like the month after the Apocalypse, a ruined husk strewn with refuse and empty husks. The girls and I walk among the carnage like the half-dead survivors. A few more days of this and we'll degenerate into full-fledged zombies.

Which would be pretty frickin' sweet.

Whatever the state of the house, I am keeping the girls fed, safe, and smelling good, but their hair-care is beyond me. Claire looks like a crazy mad-woman, strands of hair slanting at seemingly impossible angles. I tried to brush it this morning, but a small rodent's claw emerged from somewhere inside Claire's follicles and attacked me. I value my own personal safety over Claire's comeliness, so she will continue to look like a ragamuffin until Wifezilla can successfully extricate whatever lives in those cherry-blond locks.