Friday, June 6, 2008

Star Wars: the Clone Wars

The girls and I went to Kung Fu Panda today and we all really like it. It's funny, beautifully drawn (computer-generated graphics), and had a nice message. Personally, I think everything Jack Black does is funny, so I'm biased.

We saw a number of previews, none more interesting than Star Wars: the Clone Wars. It looks pretty good. But then again, so did the edit cut trailers of Episodes I, II, and III. I can't tell how direct oversight Lucas has over this movie. Of course, I know he has ultimate say over the entire project, but my hope is that someone else is writing, directing, editing . . . uh, pretty much making the entire movie. If Lucas is involved in any of those three, or even one god forbid, then I haven't much hope.

I'm a tool though and I'll go see it anyway.