Wednesday, June 11, 2008

When the Server Is Away the Barbarians Will Play

In all my glee over hitting Master Artisan Weaponsmithing yesterday, I invented the fact that Lukenbach is working on Master Artisan Tailoring. Imagine my surprise today when I logged him in to do some crafting and discovered he's actually on the tier below, Master Expert.

D'oh!

Farming hides is sooooo much better than circling the landscape for ore. It goes faster, first of all, because the hides come off beasties and there's plenty of those roaming Midddle Earth. But it's also good on the pocket book because in addition to dropping hides, the beasties also spit forth trophies, vendor trash that adds up when you kill as many as I've been lately.

I'd be optimistic that Lukenbach would hit Master Expert in Tailoring today, but the LotRO servers went tits up late this morning and are still down as I type this.

I guess that's my cue to fire up some Age of Nanoc. I rerolled a melee class and the game has taken a noticeable turn for the fun. More about that later this week.