Monday, December 1, 2008

Far Cry 2

I got Far Cry 2 the other day and it’s been a blast to play so far. It’s an open world first person shooter, very much in the vein of Grand Theft Auto IV, right down to copious amounts of driving various vehicles back and forth across the African landscape. There are mission and side mission galore, and some diamond hunting to sweeten the deal.

The graphics are phenomenal and the adrenaline really gets pumping when a jeep load of gut-toting thugs bursts out of the jungle raining fire and death. I took one out with my trusty RPG and cackled with delight at the exploding carnage and shrapnel.

A good game so far, very similar to GTA IV. So if you’re a fan of that game, FC2 is a safe bet. I plan on tearing into it more when Lord of the Rings Online and Fallout 3 have there claws out of me.