Thursday, December 11, 2008

Just Like Michael Jordan

I blew up Megaton the other night. I also snuck into an underground warren and murdered a revolutionary ghoul. In his sleep. The ghoul proved sturdy, as a point blank head shot failed to take him down. A couple more plugs after he leaped out of bed did the trick though.

I’m playing Fallout 3 evil now and am surprised at how hard it is for me to do the bad thing, even under simulated circumstances. As fun as it was pushing the red button that detonated Megaton’s nuke, I felt guilty pangs of regret afterwards. I got urges to reload to the point before planting the remote charge and save the town, even though I had already played through that way. Same thing with stealing. I’ve been passing phat lewtz up, for no other reason than they rightfully belong to someone else. WTF? That’s no way to play evil, and I better shape up if I want to explore new moral territory in Fallout 3.

I’m still having fun mind you. It’s just playing evil is like trying to write left-handed; I have to stick my tongue out and concentrate while I do it.