Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I Am Legendary Weapon

Lukenbach got his first legendary weapon last night, a shimmering mace. I had a host of one-handed options, but unfortunately none of them an axe. I earned the mace after the thing in the Black Pool attacked the mining party of dwarves trying to unearth Durin’s collapsed door. The waters of the Black Pool were an eerie calm until they erupted violently and the tentacled thing lashed out, grabbed a dwarf, and ate him. Lukenbach fled the scene and reported back to the main encampment. The dwarf there speculated that only a weapon of the Old Age could possible defeat such evil. And so I quest on.

Before the incident at the Black Pool, I relived the Fall of Moria. Session play in Lord of the Rings Online involves taking over another avatar to tell a story. In this case, I assumed the role of Nafni, an assistant to King Durin VI. At this time, mithril was running scarce in Moria and the dwarves were mining ever deeper to find more. At the same time, King Durin received elven emissaries to discuss mithril trade. The session play outlined all of this, culminating in a sight-seeing tour of the latest mithril find, dug deep within Moria. I won’t spoil what happens next, other than to say the party finds both mithril and the Lord of Fire and Shadow, all 513,000 health of him.

I’m still not finished with Book 1, Volume 2. I have to level my legendary to 10 before I can proceed. I peeked ahead and can expect to add a legendary class slot item, a book of songs for minstrels. And a teal headpiece. I hope to wrap up the rest of the book tonight.

Huzzah!