Thursday, September 27, 2007

Consoles Get All the Fun

I want to play this game something fierce. Bad enough to go out and buy a X-box? Hmmm, probably not. But it does get me thinking about supplementing my PC gaming with some console action. And wondering bitterly why certain titles are exclusive to consoles. Assassin's Creed looks to me the spiritual successor to Thief: the Dark Project, one of my all time favorite games. That was a PC game, so why isn't Assassin's Creed as well?

I know, some suit crunched the numbers and foresaw more profitability in skipping a PC version. I just hope they don't go the half-ass port route a year from now; I hear nothing but complaints about the PC ports of the Halo series. My brother has a X-box 360, so I'll have him over some weekend and get a little taste of it then. Who knows, if Assassin's Creed turns out to be as fun as it looks, I just may take the console plunge.