Friday, May 30, 2008

Penny Arcade Podcasts D&D 4.0 Action

Penny Arcade's game released this past week. It's called On the Rain-slick Precipice of Darkness: Episode One and it's been getting mostly favorable reviews from what I've read. Their site has a hilarious ad for the game in which they quote a forum poster as writing, "this game sucks and anyone who likes it sucks. penny arcade sucks and is as funny as something that's not funny at all." I've downloaded the demo, but haven't taken the time to install and try it.

In their blog today, Gabe talked about next week's release of Dungeons and Dragons 4.0. The dudes actually played the game and did a strip and podcast for it. He seems favorably impressed with the experience. I have to admit, I'm more than a little curious myself. I'm intimately familiar with 3.0, so it might be fun to pick up a rule book to compare the differences.