Thursday, July 17, 2008

Mass Effect

I've been trying to get into Mass Effect these last few weeks, but it's more shooter than I like in my games. Even so, I fired it up this morning and was having a gay old time until I hit a cut scene which depicted some alien machinery landing in front of me. When the cut scene was over and game play begun, I barely had time to get my bearings before all four of the aliens opened fire on me and killed me.

My last saved game? An hour back, when I started playing.

Needless to say, this doesn't help keep me interested in the game. I do like the story and setting a lot though, I just wish there was less twitch shooter involved. I can detect the shell of the game from the Knights of the Old Republic, but with some various tweaks and overhauls, some good, others not so much.

I'm going to continue playing it because that hour I had before I died so cheaply was a lot of fun. If anything, it's a good opportunity to start working on my shooter skillz.