Monday, March 3, 2008

Auchenai Crypts? On Farm?

I don't mean to condescend, but it will come off like that anyway. In today's Penny Arcade post, Gabe talks about his renewed interest in WoW and how they've set aside their former pvp ways in favor of tackling Outland 5-woman content.

And that they've got Auchenai Crypts on "farm" now.

I guess I've never heard anyone refer to a 5-woman in terms of farmed status. I always thought that was reserved for the 10 and 25-woman content.

So it was all I could do to not smirk when I read that. I grew even more smug considering that Requiem is knee-deep in Mount Hyjal and Black Temple. We run most 5-woman content on heroic, in less than an hour, and all for the sole purpose of hoarding badges for particular phat lootz scaled to compete with the stuff you find in MT and BT. 5-womans are like the warming up you do before your big work out. There was a time when they were hard. But those days are long gone.

And so are the days when I didn't come off as an elitist prick. My God, what have I become?