Monday, March 10, 2008

TV Repair = Rocket Science

I just knew it was going down like this.

I knew the Best Buy tech was going to show up without ANY parts to fix my TV. And sure enough, that's exactly what he did. After I repeated what I had reported over the phone and he actually witnessed it for himself, he proclaimed it was either the TV's digital or analog board. I asked him if it could be anything else. He said, no, that when the image freezes in color, it's not the lamp. The only other thing it can be is the two boards that run the TV. That, coupled with the remote control functions not working, all equaled bad boards.

My next question was, why didn't they listen to my report on the phone, assume it's either the lamp or the boards, and bring those freaking parts with them when they're scheduled to "fix" my TV? He had no good answer for that.

So, TV still broken. Parts to be ordered Monday morning.

Arrival time for parts? Unknown.

Scheduled time for repair? Largely in doubt, though realistically at least another week away.

My fuse? Short.