Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Hallie!

Happy birthday to Hallie, my oldest daughter.

She was born seven years ago, which seems both a long and short time ago. I'll never forget the moment she was born. The doctor held her up for Wifezilla and I to see and Hallie's eyes were like giant orbs, taking everything in. She didn't cry, but shivered and stared everywhere. She freaked me out an hour later when I went to check up on her in the observation room. The nurses had swaddled her and she lay in one of those clear plastic incubator devices. As I peered through the glass window, Hallie's eyes were still wide open! The tiny little baby hadn't closed them since birth and the newbie father in me quickly jumped to the conclusion that something was wrong with her.

Hours later, I held her as she slept deeply and breathed a sigh a relief that she had finally closed her eyes.

It's been full tilt every since.