Saturday, January 5, 2008

Lady Vashj Dead, SSC Cleared

A big congrats to Requiem, my raiding guild, for killing Lady Vashj for the first time, clearing SSC, and taking another big step towards Mount Hyjal and Black Temple.

Phase two is the critical transition, and everyone performed their jobs magnificently: melee tanked and killed the elite nagas, dps killed elements, tainted cores, and passed tainted cores, healing healed and passed tainted cores, and the strider team tore into striders.

I was on strider duty. Our first attempt, I must have been feared at least four times.

Completely unacceptable.

Not only can avoidable fearing run you into the elite nagas, it also more importantly stops your dps flow. So, after that poor showing, I vowed no more fears. And I didn't get a single one after that.

The entire strider team did a great job, from kiting to all out dps. Our lock occasionally pulled, but Havak, our kiting shammy, did a great job getting its attention back. I even pulled a few times, but never long enough to have to start kiting. On both our successful phase two attempts, I don't think two striders were ever up at the same time. Which is exactly how it should go down.

So, Requiem cleared SSC. The guild's attention will now focus back on Tempest Keep and Kael'thas Sunstrider. Requiem could be in Mount Hyjal by the end of the month.

I can't wait.