Monday, January 14, 2008

The Lostness Monster

I just got done complaining that the Lost producers were taking too long to explain their unseen monster, when lo and behold, the fifth episode of Season Three actually showed what it looked like.

I was expecting a metal skeletal dinosaur with red glowing eyes and adamantite teeth, but instead got a smoky tornado wisp that can somehow grab hold of people and beat them soundly against jungle trees.

Meh.

Plus, the thing killed Eko! That dude was one of my favorite characters, and they iced him. Bastards.

Despite the anti-climatic smog monster, I am enjoying Season Three. It's a relief that they've reversed themselves from the mediocrity that was Season Two, though I'm wondering how in the world they're going to explain how smoke can float around and then solidify enough to bludgeon people.

Producers of Lost, it's not too late to give that thing some teeth. Literally. It'd be great to see it munch some of the islanders too.