Sunday, August 10, 2008

Shivering Isles Finished

This afternoon I plowed through the rest of the Shivering Isles, the expansion to the outstanding Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

Great story, even better ending. At the very end, after defeating Jyggalag, the Lord of Order, I inherited the throne of the Shivering Isles. Seems Sheogorath was the physical incarnation of both himself and Jyggalag and that once the Greymarch began, he transitioned over to Jyggalag, bent on wiping out the Shivering Isles.

I faced off with Jyggalag in the Palace Gardens. He appeared in a blue burst of energy, a Knight of Order on a much grander scale. Afterwards, I officially took over for Sheogorath as the ruler of the Shivering Isles. Throne, raiment, guards, the whole thing. Plus, I can now change the lands weather once per day, summon myself back to the throne room, request an honor guard accompany me, and order up some entertainment.

All in all, a great game. It makes me sad that there won't be any more expansions for such a quality game, but between the the two titles, I'm sure I've logged more than hundred hours of gaming goodness.

So, now it's on to finishing The Witcher. I'm totally digging my push to finish the unfinished. I should get The Witcher done just in time for that new crop of games coming out this fall.