Friday, October 19, 2007

October Guild Names of the Month

Each month, I'm going to select two guild names of note, and dub them "Guild Names of the Month." One will shine like a beacon of hope, the other will live in infamy. I'd like to make this a monthly installment if I can and based on the quality of guild names I see everyday, I shouldn't want for material.

October Guild Names of the Month

Pit of Infamy:

--Sorry I Punched Your Cat--

This is a WoW guild on Silvermoon. Horde even. I appreciate the name's sentiment. I really do. For some, there's nothing better than punting a cat across the room. My objection to the name has nothing to do with violence against felines. It's the fact that they hedged. They punched the cat, but then apologized for it. They need to man up and own that punch. --NOT Sorry I Punched Your Cat-- or --I Enjoyed Punching Your Cat-- might have earned them a Beacon of Reasoned Judgement. As is, they're animal abusers AND gutless.

Beacon of Reasoned Judgement:

--Manifest Destiny--

Another Horde WoW guild on Silvermoon. I like this guild name because it covers all the bases. Whether the guild is casual leveling, PvP, or hard-core raiding, the name evokes images of rapid expansion at the expense of the technologically handicapped, a philosophical juggernaut especially effective over the open prairie. Too bad WoW doesn't have bison in it because these guys would pwn.