Monday, October 29, 2007

Suweet Cherry Pie!

I like to poke my family members. Metaphorically speaking, not literally. Though I am known to chase my kids around the house with a spent wrapping paper roll. But technically, I'm not poking them. That's more whacking or striking.

Lately, my stick of choice has been truly inspired. I've been singing the chorus line from the song "Cherry Pie" by Warrant.

Over. And over. And over. And over. Again. I sing it so often, my cute little three old daughter Claire claps her hands to her ears and wails for me to stop. Hallie also tried covering her ears, but she gave up on that long ago and now simply runs away as far as she can. Wifezilla, so patient, ignores me and goes about her business as if nothing odd is emanating from my vocal chords. Nerves of steel, that woman.

I have no idea why I'm singing this. I don't even like Warrant (though I do remember appreciating the music video for this song). I guess I'm remembering it from my college days and feel inspired to belt out the signature tag line from the song, "Suweet Cherry Piiiieeeee!" The thing is, I'm annoying even myself. And yet, I continue to "sing."

I imagine this too shall pass and I'll move on to something different, but equally annoying. My concern is that I listened to a lot of hair bands in the 80s and 90s, which means there's a whole mess of bad lyrics and melodies swirling around in my coconut of a head. I even went to a Ratt concert!

"Out on the street, that's where we'll meet.
You make the night, I always cross the line
."

Woot! A new chorus line to torture my family with.