Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Shackin' Up






Well, I beat the land rush and scored a sweet pad. It's your standard house, no frills. But it's got a nice location. Turns out Turbine creates instanced housing, organized by named neighborhoods. So, the same instance will be replicated as housing sells out in each neighborhood. My house is in Ramsward. It cost a gold to purchase, 50 silver a week to maintain.

The second shot is from my doorstep. Ah, so peaceful. Hits the spot after a long day of killing orcs and kicking hobbits.

The last shot is from the inside. It's a shack, so it only has two rooms. I've already applied a green painted wall and stone flooring. The blue shimmering represents areas I can still furnish. Some are furniture slots, others are for rugs, and still others are for paintings. I like this because it takes away from the clutter issue I wrote about earlier. You can't just buy a table and plop it wherever you want.

All basic furniture can be purchased by a vendor in the instanced neighborhood, for very reasonable prices. I know player crafters can make the good stuff, which should fuel some good industry on the auction house. I've already unlocked the chest storage unit, and I know there's a hearth option too, I just haven't found it yet.

All in all, a big thumbs up from me on housing in LoTRO. You done good, Turbine.