Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Spontaneous Combustion

We bought Claire a new pair of shoes this past weekend. Wifezilla noticed her feet spilling out of the old pair, so she was due. She used to have these cute little baby feet, but now they've erupted into monstrous Frankenfeet, requiring bi-monthly trips to Target.

Somehow, Claire has managed to lose this new pair of shoes. She was wearing them Sunday, out in the front, when the girls were carving a pumpkin on the driveway. And now, poof, gone. She's three, so getting information out of her, like "Where are your shoes" has proved fruitless (Her response is a staccato "I don't know" which always makes me burst out laughing).

I wonder if she could be shod? I could drive her out to a nearby ranch and see if they would slap some horseshoe iron on her. I'd like to see her lose those.