Monday, October 1, 2007

You Know I How I Know You're Gay?

Ok, I admit it. I listen to Coldplay. I know it's gay, but I like their music. I listen to Nine Inch Nails to help counter all the gayness induced from Coldplay.

I may be steeping myself in more gayness.

I just picked up Faded Seaside Glamour by the Delays and I'm really liking them. The lead singer has this incredible voice; the pitch is crazy high, almost dog whistle frequency. He's a guy and if I didn't see him perform on London Live, I'd swear someone had his nuts in a kung-fu vice grip to hit notes that high. The band's tunes are melodic and catchy, just a hint of 60s but not annoyingly so.

But now I need something to counter the Delays. And I'm thinking with him singing that high, one manly band isn't going to be enough. Maybe a couple of moldy hair bands from the 80s? Dokken maybe? Or maybe something a bit more current like Alice in Chains or Marilyn Manson? I like AiC well enough, but MM is too freaky. Not Rick James freaky, but the bad kind.