Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Sonic the Smoker

I was at Sonic yesterday for lunch and ordered a large Sonic Blast and one of those steak and bacon breakfast burritos. I saw a commercial for the burrito the other day. It was part of that series with the two dudes sitting in the car, cracking stupid. One plays the straight man while the other gets to be an idiot. They always make me laugh, and in this case, actually got me to go out and try what they were advertising.

While I waited for my burrito and shake, I watched two women who were sitting on a bench/table, waiting for their order. They were young, professional, and puffing smoke like a couple of trains chugging up a mountain pass. It doesn't bother me that people smoke, just as long as it's no where near me. But public smoking has become such a rarity lately, I was surprised by the sight. I almost felt like I was at the zoo, viewing the nearly extinct specimen, the "cigerratus smoketus."

By the way, that breakfast burrito tasted like foot after a Boston marathon. I'll be sticking to their burgers here on out and ignoring the comedic marketing.