Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Rest Easy Atlantic City

What was once lost has been found. That missing Atlantic City mayor turned up in some clinic, being treated for an undisclosed illness. I guess he forgot to tell anyone he was going to be gone because Atlantic City officials declared him missing and his office vacant.

I'm thinking of taking a page out of this guy's play book and just not show up to work for a month straight. I could really use the time off and when it hits the fan that I've been gone, I'll just claim I've been in a clinic for . . . juvenile Alzheimer's. Foolproof.

Seriously, how does a slack-jawed dufus like that get elected to public office? Yeah, Atlantic City isn't the gem of the United States. Still, how was he not separated chaff from the wheat during the electoral process? How come the voters of that city have to find out he's a stinky turd only after he's been elected and embezzled millions and ducked out of work and skipped town?

I'm beginning to get a hint as to why some peons in Russia pine for the return of Communism.