Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Agony of Defeat

Fresh off his successful crit of Lukenbach’s axe, Kammris dutifully gathered the crit mats for a shot at a sword for himself. Grand master weaponsmith recipes go for around 500 silver on the auction house. The accompanying beryl shard for around 200. I bought both and then grabbed another beryl shard in my bank for the sword’s recipe. I’ve got scholar kin that craft the journal for me. Everything else Kammris makes. With all the mats gathered, I made my way to Thorin Hall’s superior forge and made the attempt. With the grand master weaponsmith journal and scroll, I had a 62% chance of critting the sword.

I failed miserably.

The failure is purple stock, a shadow of its teal brother’s glory. Kammris duel wields, so I need to crit two of these swords eventually. I’m short on cash though, so it’s going to be a few days before I can try again.

Lukenbach hit 49 last night. He dinged with his polished ancient steel axe buried in an ice wyrm’s head. I think the balance of Forochel quests will propel him to 50, if not close to it. Pushing Lukenbach to 49 directly conflicted with watching TV with Wifezilla, so much so that upon hitting the level, I immediately logged out and hurtled down stairs. Wifezilla shows kind patience when it comes to MMOs, but even she has limits.

And she still hasn’t read my “moosey” comment.