Saturday, November 22, 2008

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Netflix mailed me this movie since I put it in my queue. I watched it last night with my girls and . . .

IT WAS ACTUALLY GOOD!

I know! I couldn't believe it myself! Until the credits rolled, revealing that George Lucas neither directed nor wrote the movie.

Aha!

I hope everyone detects the emerging pattern here. Lucas has nothing to do with a Star Wars movie, it's good. Lucas wraps his greasy mitts around a Star Wars movie, it sucks. Remember when Stan Lee used to personally get involved in those early Marvel movies? Oh, they were terrible! Same thing here. And the way J.J. Abrams is shaping up the next Star Trek movie lends additional impetus that Lucas must step aside for others to continue the Star Wars brand.

I get all goosebumpy just thinking about it.