Monday, November 24, 2008

Requiem Moves in on Naxx

I’ve been monitoring my old guild’s website, but the members of Requiem haven’t been documenting their experience with Wrath of the Lich King. Could it be they’re too busy playing to wax poetic about their adventures? Hmmm? I could be wrong, but I think most of them view the leveling process a necessary inconvenience to their real goal, hard core raiding. Already a smattering of members has hit 80 and I know the guild is preparing for a 10 woman Naxx run this week.

Of course, WotLK now offers 10 and 25 woman versions of all its new dungeons. I surmise that Requiem’s strategy is to run the 10 womans to learn an instance’s boss strategies, and then later step up to the 25 to farm out the best loot. I’m not sure if strategies are the same for identical 10 and 25 woman dungeons. It could be the strategy remains the same, with boss statistics spiking to account for the fifteen extra people. It wouldn’t surprise me if Blizzard did design two different strategies for the identical dungeons, if only to prevent guilds from learning the ropes on the 10 woman and then using that experience to decimate the 25 version.

Either way, I’m looking forward to hearing how the run goes.