Friday, November 21, 2008

Boots on the Ground

A kin sent my hobbit warden a shiny new javelin via the mail, so I had to play the little blighter enough to get him out of the start zone where mail flows not. Wardens are really fun to play. They chain their attacks into “gambits,” even more special attacks that become available according to what two skills were used. At level 5, my wee hobbit has a boot, piercing, and shield gambits. The boot one is especially cool because it occasionally triggers a stun.

It’s almost comical to watch my hobbit whipping javelins from distance or stabbing with a spear. Comical, but fun. I’ll start playing him more when I have Lukenbach closer to the new level cap of 60.

Kammris made surprising headway yesterday in master weaponsmithing. He had stockpiled stacks and stacks of ancient iron ore. After farming some exceptional hides and dwarf iron, he was in business. He’s just 800 points short of grand master. Supreme master is the new tier, but he’ll make no headway there until visiting the new zones and harvesting their generous bounty of ore.